Horseradish Bean Salad
Horseradish bean salad uses a mixture of beans and other nutritional foods with the added tang of horseradish to provide a great meal for lunches and snacks. The salad can be served as soon as it is made, but the flavor does improve if it is left the in fridge for a couple of hours.
- 8 oz. dark red kidney beans
- 8 oz. chick peas ( garbanzo beans)
- 8 oz. white beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp horseradish (or more to taste)
- 3 stalks diced spring onions
Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Serve and enjoy!
You can vary the bean mixture you use depending on what you have available. For white beans think of white kidney beans, small lima beans or navy beans, You might also add a little garlic or hot sauce according to taste.