Oat Muffins ( vegan - gluten free)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 egg equivalents
- 1/3 cup honey, agar nectar or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- extra virgin olive oil spray
- 3/4 cup rolled oats organic, gluten free
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 2/3 cup buckwheat
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Assemble ingredients and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin by spraying each cup lightly with a little olive oil spray.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the rolled oats on a baking sheet and brown lightly in the oven for about 6 minutes, stirring once. Set these aside for use in as a topping.
- Mash the bananas by putting them a large mixer bowl and mixing on a low setting.
- Prepare the egg equivalents according to package instructions. Add them to the mixing bowl along with the other wet ingredients - sweetener ( e.g. honey), milk, and vanilla. Mix using a low to medium speed.
- Mix the dry ingredients (excluding the browned oats) together in a separate bowl. Pour the dry mixture into the wet ingredients mixer bowl. Mix thoroughly on low to medium speed.
- Let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin cups. Sprinkle each muffin with a little of the toasted oats.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Muffins should be firm to the touch when ready.