This is a vegan, soy based version of Thousand Island Salad Dressing.
It is quick and simple to make, and tastes very similar to regular Thousand Island Salad Dressing – although of course it is much healthier.
Thousand Island Salad Dressing
- 10 ounces soft silken tofu
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped small gherkins
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- Assemble the ingredients
- Put tofu, water, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, ketchup and hot pepper sauce in the blender and mix until smooth.
- Chop the gherkins, green pepper and green onions.
- Pour the blended mixture into a small bowl and stir in the chopped gherkins, green pepper and green onions.
- The dressing is ready to serve.
- If you wish to store the dressing, pour it into a bottle and keep it refrigerated. Stir well before using and discard after 1 week.