Use this recipe to make a simple dahl that does not take too long to prepare.
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 medium red onion - chopped
- 3 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup red lentils
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat , for a minute or two ( use a green pan, if available).
- Add the black pepper and tumeric. Stir for a few minutes to release the flavors..
- Add the chopped onion and a little water. Continue cooking for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the rest of the water and the lentils.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Then reduce the temperature to simmer. Stir occasionally and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with brown rice and a side dish of green vegetables.