This is a simple meal to prepare, with delightful results.
Have fun trying different types of veggie burgers for a variety of taste experiences.
Portabello Mushroom Burgers
- 2 large portabello mushroom caps 3 - 4 inches in diameter
- 4 veggie burgers
- 1/2 beefsteak tomato sliced into 2 thick slices
- 1/2 red pepper sliced into 2 rings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Assemble Ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Cut the small stems from the mushroom caps and place the caps top side down on top of the parchment paper on the baking tray.
- Layer 2 veggie burgers on top of each mushroom.
- Add a slice of tomato and a slice of red pepper to each layer. Top with one of the small mushroom stems.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil from the mushroom burgers. Turn the oven to the Low Broil setting. Broil the mushroom burgers for 10 minutes and they are ready to serve.
- Carefully transfer the mushroom burgers to plates (using a spatula may help). Some rearranging of the vegetable stack may be necessary if it has spread out.
See our Roast Veggies recipe