Hummus - Fat Free
- 1 cup chick peas ( garbanzo beans) Home cooked (preferable) or canned.
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp filtered water
- 1 clove garlic
- Put chick peas, lemon juice, water and into a blender or food processor.
- Mince the garlic and add it to the mixture in the blender/food processor ( The food processor is better if you are making multiple batches at one time).
- Blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving, if possible.
- Serve as a dip accompanied by crackers, taco chips, whole grain bread pieces, etc.
may wish to omit the garlic). E.g.:
- a little ground horseradish,
- hot pepper sauce,
- tamari(soy sauce)