I love to bake this bread. It is so much better than the gluten-free vegan breads
available from local stores… and it is so easy to prepare in a bread machine.
This bread is dark in color, yet not heavy.
It is best made in a bread machine that has a gluten free setting. Of course the bread can always be made by hand, using the same ingredients; there is a recipe on the package for that.
The bread is great without any spread. You don’t even need to use (imitation)butter on a slice. It does of course taste great with various toppings.
Two of my favorites are:
– homemade key lime jelly.
Hearty Whole Grain Bread - gluten free
- 1 package Bob's Red Mill Hearty Whole Grain Bread Mix
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 egg equivalents Enter-G Egg Replacer 3 tsp Egg replacer, 4 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Assemble the ingredients.
- Remove the yeast package from the bread mix package.
- INSERT THE MIXER PADDLE into the bread mixer inner bowl and pour in the warm water.
- Prepare egg replacer by mixing 3 tsp Egg replacer with 4 tbsp water in a small bowl.
- Add the cider vinegar and olive oil to the small bowl and then pour this mixture into the larger bowl.
- Distribute the dry bread mixture ( excluding the yeast) in a layer over the wet ingredients in the bread machine bowl. Make some small depressions in the dry mixture, not so deep that they expose the wet ingredients underneath.
- Sprinkle the yeast into the depressions, being careful that the yeast does not touch the wet ingredients underneath.
- Insert the inner bowl in the bread machine. Set the bread machine on the gluten free cycle and start the cycle.
- When the bread machine cycle is finished open the bread machine.
- Remove the bread from the machine inner bowl and set it on a wire rack to cool.
- After a few minutes of cooling remove the paddle from the bottom of the bread and return the bread to the wire rack to cool further.
Another option is to use Falxseed Meal:
- 2 eggs = 2 tbsp Flaxseed Meal, 6 Tbsp Water
- Combine Flaxseed meal with water and allow to sit for 5 minutes