This is an easy, simple, filling and nutritious meal that you can make in minutes — just the meal after a long day when you just do not feel like cooking.
Baked Beans with Potatoes and Greens
- 15 oz. organic baked beans
- 2 cups organic broccoli or some other green such as brussels sprouts, asparagus, kale
- 3 potatoes organic, if possible medium size
- The first thing to do is to gather the ingredients
- Quarter the potatoes lengthwise and put in a container for microwaving, with a bit of water. Then microwave for about 10 minutes (depending on the power of your microwave) or put on a vegetable setting if your microwave has a sensor.
- Cut the broccoli (or other greens) into small pieces ready for microwaving.Place in a container while the potatoes are cooking and once the potatoes are done put them in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes. Again that depends a bit on your microwave.
- Now put your baked beans in a pot and place on the stove at a medium to high heat to bring to a boil (2 -3 minutes) and then turn down to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Everything should be ready 15 minutes after you start the potatoes and you are ready to serve