Asparagus Kale Pie
- 6 potatoes quantity depends on size - use enough to make 2 cups mashed
- 1 tbsp almond milk optional (or soy or hemp or oat) unsweetened
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional (extra virgin )
- 1/2 cup raw cashews unsalted
- 1 cup almond milk (or soy or hemp or oat) unsweetened
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped ( common brown mushrooms) or other mushrooms, to taste
- 2 cups asparagus chopped into pieces about 1/2 inch long
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped, tough stems removed
- 8 ounces canelli beans, cooked
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Assemble ingredients. ( If serving roast vegetables as an accompaniment their preparation should be started first). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the potatoes into small pieces
- Boil potatoes until soft and then mash thoroughly. If desired, use a little almond milk and/or olive oil to get a smooth mixture. Set aside
- Use a blender to mix the cashews and the non-dairy milk to obtain a creamy liquid. Pour the creamy cashew, non-dairy blend into a large oven-proof baking dish.
- Add all the other filling ingredients and mix well. Smooth and level out the mixture in the baking dish.
- Top the mixture with a uniform layer of the mashed potatoes.
- Place covered baking dish in the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes Then remove the cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Refer to our Roast Veggies recipe for details.