Use this recipe to make a simple dahl that does not take too long to prepare.
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 medium red onion - chopped
- 3 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup red lentils
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat , for a minute or two ( use a green pan, if available).
- Add the black pepper and tumeric. Stir for a few minutes to release the flavors..
- Add the chopped onion and a little water. Continue cooking for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the rest of the water and the lentils.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Then reduce the temperature to simmer. Stir occasionally and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with brown rice and a side dish of green vegetables.
You may want to adjust the amount of seasoning, to taste. You can modify the consistency of the dahl by adding water or boiling some off.