This is an easy to make, healthy and comforting drink which can be enjoyed anytime.
Having a cup before going to bed can relieve night-time coughing and provide restful sleep.
The antiviral and antibacterial properties of the turmeric help fight infections
while the anti-inflammatory property helps relieve cold and cough symptoms.
- 1 cup almond milk ( coconut or other non-dairy milks may be substituted )
- 1 tsp ground turmeric ( freshly ground root (preferable) or powder )
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger ( freshly ground root (preferable) or powder )
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp honey ( optional / to taste )
- Assemble ingredients.
- If using fresh turmeric/ginger roots grind them into fine pieces. Mix all the ingredients in a medium sized saucepan.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a mug, sweetening with a little more honey, if desired. It is ready to serve.