This is a simple, quick recipe.
It is great for bringing to a Pot Luck.
Five Bean Salad
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans
- 1 can (15 oz) chick peas ( garbanzo beans)
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peper
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- Drain all the cans of beans and empty contents into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the corn, peppers and red onion.
- Sprinkle the black pepper over the mixture and stir well to mix.
- Sprinkle the olive oil, vinegar, honey and hot pepper sauce over the mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- If time permits, let sit for an hour or more before serving so that the flavor can develop, refrigerating if necessary.
If not being used immediately you may want to split the mixture into several small containers and store in the fridge ( not more than 1 week) and in the freezer for longer storage. This recipe is adapted from the SparkPeople recipe.