Cinnamon Raisin Scones/Quick Bread
This recipe provides healthy cinnamon raisin scones/quick bread which are both gluten free and yeast free. Ken had a need for this when he was temporarily on a yeast free diet. It adapts Bob's Red Mill Cinnamon Raisin Bread Mix to use baking powder instead of yeast. We find the bread is lighter and more scone-like when made with baking powder.
- 1 package Bob's Red Mill Cinnamon Raisin Bread Mix
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp milled flax seeds
- 6 tbsp filtered water
- Assemble ingredients. You will also need two stick-free 8 or 9 inch round pans.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a separate container mix the water with the flaxseed and put aside. Stir occasionally and leave for five minutes or so until it seeds absorb the water and become somewhat gelatinous.
- Place the breadmix in a large mixing bowl. Remove the package of yeast that comes with the package and put it aside for some other use.
- Add and thoroughly mix in the baking powder using a large spoon.
- Add the olive oil and use a fork to cut it in,
- Add the almond milk and the flaxseed mixture to the bowl and stir with a spoon, until it is evenly mixed in. It should form a soft dough.
- Turn the ingredients into the two pans and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- Serve piping hot.