Arugula Spinach Pesto Pasta
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 8 ounces gluten free pasta (buckwheat pasta works well)
- 4 servings roasted summer vegetables – refer to our roasted summer vegetables recipe
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan bits – refer to our vegan parmesan bits recipe
- Chop the garlic in a food processor.
- Add the arugula, spinach and basil and process for a minute or two until they are minced.
- Add the tahini, miso and vinegar. Continue to process until smoot and creamy.
- Transfer the pesto to a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the Pasta in boiling water, following the package directions. Drain it, saving 1/2 a cup of the water.
- Transfer the pasta to a large shallow bowl.
- Mix the saved hot pasta liquid with the pesto which was set aside earlier in the small bowl. Add this mixture to the large bowl, tossing it to coat the pasta.
- Top with the roasted summer vegetables and sprinkle with vegan parmesan bits.