This is an unabashed Plug for Plant Stock (disclosure: we get no reward if you attend, other than knowing we have helped someone)
For the past 6 years, about the third weekend in August, an event called “Plant Stock” is held at the Esselstyn farm in Claverack, New York.… Read the rest
Eat banana peels? YES!
My son Adrian brought this Business Insider article to my attention – an article that includes several uses for bananas in food and cooking.
In particular the article states that:
“ The sweet flesh of a medium-sized banana contains significant percentages of your daily recommended intake of various nutrients, such as:
- 12% of your daily fiber, which helps with digestion and may help lower your risk of diabetes
- 17% of your vitamin C, which is important for your immune system as well as growth and development
- 20% of your vitamin B-6, which aids the body’s ability to convert food into energy
- 12% of your potassium, which helps in development of cells, tissues, and organs throughout the body
- 8% of your magnesium, which is important for the body’s energy productions and regulating glucose and blood pressure levels
If you then eat the skin along with the flesh you get an even bigger boost in these same nutrients .… Read the rest