This is a delightfully cool, yet filling and nutritious, vegan salad – ideal for those hot summer days!
If cooked brown rice is on hand this salad can be prepared at short notice.
Crunchy Green Salad
- 1 cup cooked, cold brown rice
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dark red kidney beans
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey or more, to taste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or more, to taste
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
… Read the rest
My husband recently had a cough which although not serious, seemed to persist.
We don’t like to take medicine when we can avoid it, and have been gradually learning more about Ayurveda. I thought there must be some natural cough remedies used in Ayurvedic medicine, so decided to investigate.… Read the rest
This is a simple,easy to make, vegan chili recipe.
We like to make it in a crock pot, but it can also be made in a saucepan on the stove top.
Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 sweet potato
- 26 oz crushed tomatoes ( 1 package)
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups dark kidney beans (2 or 3 cans)
- 2 chili peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano or 1 tbsp dried
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup tempeh optional
… Read the rest
I love to bake this bread. It is so much better than the gluten-free vegan breads
available from local stores… and it is so easy to prepare in a bread machine.
This bread is dark in color, yet not heavy.
It is best made in a bread machine that has a gluten free setting. … Read the rest
Vitamin B-12 is essential for good health. If you are on a plant based diet you should seriously consider taking a vitamin B-12 supplement. You may not be getting enough of this important vitamin through diet alone.
Vitamin B-12 can be taken orally as a pill that you swallow, or sublingually as a pill that you allow to dissolve under the tongue or a liquid that you put under the tongue.… Read the rest